photo alice-divide_zpsf4b5cc6a.png

Sunday, May 11, 2014

for the mom.

mom, 
happiest of mothers days to you mama! sorry i didn't send a card - i kind of hoped this would do.  i miss you everyday, i wish you were a part of my everyday - so after many requests, here's our connection from across the country. the blog is live and it's literally just for you (& dad.) 

yupp, heres to you, your constant encouragement & wisdom, and just you mom! i'm thankful for everything that you do, but i'm going to ramble off some thank you's that have been particularly important to me lately. 

thank you for not only allowing me to be independent, but encouraging me to be responsible for myself and proud of my ability to make it on my own (thank dad for this too.) thank you for always knowing exactly how to handle a situation, but also - for keeping your opinions to yourself until i ask for your advice. thank you for not only telling me that i can be a strong women, but for exemplifying what strength in womanhood is everyday.  thanks for reaching out to me - when i haven't called in a while, because you know its due to my homesickness & you know its hard for me to call home when i'm feeling so far away. i want to thank you for teaching me the things that your mother taught you - because lately it means the world to me to have lessons from your mother and our heritage in general. thank you for letting colb come stay with me this summer - we all know we need it. thank you for the plane tickets home in June! thank you for generally keeping me timid and motivated all at the same time. 

thanks for wanting this blog to go up so badly. its really going to be fun & i promise to post at least twice a week, well i promise to try my very hardest to post at least twice a week :) 

just in case you forget what i look like - some times you probably do. here are some photos of us from the weekend - in our natural habit (the bar.) guess who owns this bar? this is going to be your favorite part of this hole post i think... Phil Dunphey! yupp, from Modern Family. it's called "BEER BAR" & dad will like this part - has over 100 different beers to serve. plus brats and fries. these are our frat & sorority, bestest bros pictured below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment